Stretch Marks are visible lines and bands on the skin caused by stretching of the skin’s connective tissues. These lines are of different texture and color from the normal skin, ranging from purple to bright pink to light grey. They commonly appear on the skin during or after a pregnancy, or after a dramatic change in the body weight. Stretch marks vary in size as well as the location of their appearance. The cost of Laser Stretch Marks Removal depends upon the area and the condition of stretch marks being treated.
Stretch marks can appear anywhere on the body, however, most commonly they appear on the abdomen, breasts, thighs, buttocks and underarms. Once they appear, a qualified doctor is supposed to review them medically. An appropriate treatment plan is then suggested to the patient. If you too suffer from stretch marks on your body, then you can have them removed or diminished through Stretch Mark Removal in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. The treatment can either remove the marks completely or lighten their visibility to the extent that they don’t seem noticeable.
Before & After
No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Stretch Marks Removal Candidates
You can be a good candidate for Stretch Mark Removal treatment in Dubai if:
- You have stretch marks on your body caused by weight gain, muscle gain, puberty or pregnancy.
- You don’t smoke or consume alcohol.
- You have reasonable expectations from the treatment.
- You are in overall good health.
Stretch Marks Removal Goals
The aim of Stretch Mark Removal in Dubai is to:
- Diminish the appearance of stretch marks.
- Enhance the appearance of the skin.
- Restore confidence and self-esteem.
Stretch Marks Removal Techniques
Stretch Mark Removal treatment in Dubai is usually a permanent and very safe procedure to enhance the appearance of the skin by reducing the visibility of stretch marks.
There are several ways through which this goal can be achieved. The most common techniques involve:
- Laser Treatment – This procedure involves using laser wavelengths to remove thin layers of skin around the stretch marks. Different lasers target different types of stretch marks, which can be darker or lighter. The heat from the laser light is absorbed by the skin, which also triggers the production of elastin and collagen, thereby restoring the skin’s elasticity. Once the stretch marks have been targeted and removed, the treated area will heal quickly, and new skin layers will emerge in place of the old ones.
- Surgical Treatment – If your stretch marks are found in the abdominal or thigh region, they can be permanently removed through surgical procedures. Tummy tuck and thigh lift remove excess skin from the abdominal and thigh region by tightening the remaining skin and tissues. As a result, the stretch marks in these areas are gone forever.
- Chemical Peel – This procedure involves applying a specialized solution to the area of the body where stretch marks are found. The solution peels off the top layer of the skin and stimulates the production of new skin cells. As a result, the stretch marks fade away or become less noticeable. Sometimes, multiple treatments are needed to achieve optimal results.
- Microdermabrasion – It works much like chemical peeling by removing the top layer of the skin. However, instead of using a chemical, it uses fine crystal spray to blast the outer layer. As a result, dead skin cells are removed, and new skin cells emerge in their place. It makes the stretch marks less noticeable.
The machines used to perform laser treatments for stretch mark removal include;
- Pollogen Legend
Stretch Mark Removal in Dubai is a relatively simple procedure, which doesn’t require a lot of pre-op preparations. You can drop into your surgeon’s office at the appointed time, get the treatment done, and then leave the clinic the same day. There’s no overnight stay involved either. However, you’ll still need to take some precautions before the surgery, including the following;
- Quit smoking and consuming alcohol for about a week before the treatment because it can affect recovery.
- Keep the area that needs to be treated clean.
- Don’t consume aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs because they result in blood thinning.
- Get all the lab tests done to ensure your suitability for the treatment.
Stretch Mark Removal Procedure
A Stretch Mark removal treatment is performed on an outpatient basis, and it usually takes around half an hour for the procedure to complete. The procedure of the treatment depends on the technique your surgeon is using; however, it will roughly be in the following order.
- Your surgeon will first apply local anesthesia at the targeted area to eliminate any pain and discomfort during the procedure.
- Then depending on the technique, your doctor will carry out the required steps. In case of surgery, incisions at appropriate sites will be made to remove excess skin and tissues. For other techniques, the surgeon will work on top of the skin.
- The skin will then be bandaged and left to heal.
- If needed, the technique may be repeated.
- Instant weight gain
- Complexity in pregnancy
- Risks related to anesthesia
The list mentioned above reveals possible complications that you may experience as a result of getting stretch mark removal treatment in Dubai. You should select a board-certified doctor to avoid these risks.
Lola Ali Muhammad
Ms. Dalya Sager
Dr. Fazeela Abbasi MD
Nasim Rashidi Asl Bita
Stretch Marks Removal Benefits
A Stretch Mark Removal treatment can benefit you in many ways, including:
- Smoother and better-looking skin.
- Minimal side effects.
- No downtime, in case of non-surgical treatments.
- Relief from excess skin as well, in case of surgical treatment.
- The procedure is painless, efficient and delivers permanent results.
- Treatment is known to boost self-esteem and confidence.
Stretch Marks treatment in Dubai is usually a quick procedure, and thus it has a small recovery period. For surgical techniques, the recovery may be slightly longer. You’ll be good to go within a couple of days after the treatment. However, you may experience some of the following conditions before you recover fully.
- Redness, swelling and bruising in the treated area.
- Slight pain and some discomfort after the treatment, which can be dealt with medications.
- Tightness or pulling sensation in the skin.
Once you have your stretch marks removed, your surgeon will provide you a thorough list of instructions on how to take care of yourself. These instructions usually include:
- Take prescribed medications to relieve pain and discomfort.
- Limit your physical activities and avoid vigorous activities immediately after the treatment.
- Keep the wounds dry, in case of surgical treatment.
- Wear compression garment for the recommended period of time, in case of surgical treatment.
The results of Stretch Marks Removal treatment in Dubai are usually permanent. If you take good care of your body after the treatment, the marks will definitely not return.
If you plan to undergo Stretch Marks Removal in Dubai, you’ll be happy to know that we’re offering free consultations to all of our existing and new patients. You need to fill the form below, and one of our representatives will get back to you shortly. You can then discuss anything with our skin specialists—without any follow-up obligations. Stop waiting and book your free consultation NOW!