Making tattoos on different body parts is an ancient technique of body art. Permanent tattoos are made by inserting ink into the skin which makes them long-lasting and not easy to remove. Even though it is a common trend still the majority of people regret having tattoos at some point in their lives. It is not easy to remove permanent tattoos but with Laser Tattoo Removal in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, you can get rid of them permanently.
It is a non-surgical method introduced to eliminate tattoos from the body and gives effective results. It has successfully replaced all the other traditional methods of tattoo removal that were being used previously.
What is Laser Tattoo Removal?
Laser tattoo removal Dubai is technique that helps you get rid of unwanted permanent tattoos with minimal pain. It utilizes a special laser device that targets the laser beam on the tattoo to be removed. The laser beam heats the tattoo pigments which break down into smaller particles of ink and get expelled from the body through the lymphatic system. In the whole procedure, the surrounding skin does not get harmed.
Are you a Candidate?
You can be an ideal candidate for permanent tattoo removal Dubai if you meet the following conditions;
- You have overall good health both mental and physical.
- You do not smoke.
- You do not suffer from any skin disease or infection.
- You are not pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have realistic expectations from the treatment.
- You should be more than 18 years old.
Which Machine & Laser is used?
At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, we use Medica PICO laser system to perform Laser tattoo removal in Dubai & Abu Dhabi. Moreover, the type of laser used for the procedure is Q-switched Nd: YAG laser. It is approved by the FDA for tattoo removal and is safe to use.
How to prepare for the treatment?
In order to undergo the laser treatment for tattoo removal, you need to follow some instructions to prepare for it. These instructions include;
- Use sunscreen with strong SPF and avoid excessive sun exposure for almost 3-4 weeks.
- Quit smoking or drinking.
- Do not wax or thread the tattoo area.
- Take all the prescribed medicines on time.
- Take enough sleep the night before the treatment.
Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure
There is no need to administer anaesthesia during the laser tattoo removal Dubai because it does not cause any pain. You might require 4-6 sessions for the complete removal of the tattoo. The number of sessions depends on the area of the tattoo, color of tattoo’s ink, and the type of the skin. It is comparatively easier to remove the tattoo that is black in color because black ink effectively absorbs heat. It only takes an hour to perform the procedure which includes the following steps;
- First of all, the laser therapist applies a numbing cream to the treatment site for almost 30-45 minutes.
- The numbing cream is then wiped off and a cooling gel is applied so that you can tolerate the laser heat.
- A hand-held laser device is brought closer to the targeted area.
- The device emits short pulses of the high-intensity laser beam which break the ink pigments into tiny particles.
- These particles are then removed by the lymphatic system of the body.
- The settings of the laser system are changed according to the color of tattoos. The light colors take a lot of time and effort to fade away.
- Ice packs are used to minimize the discomfort.
- Your laser specialist might also apply topical antibiotic to the treatment site to prevent infection.
Lola Ali Muhammad
Ms. Dalya Sager
Dr. Fazeela Abbasi MD
Nasim Rashidi Asl Bita
To ensure a smooth recovery and successful results, you need to follow these aftercare instructions;
- Apply antibiotic ointment to the treated area to avoid infections.
- Use ice packs to minimize pain and discomfort.
- Keep the treatment site dry for one day after the treatment. Do not wash the treatment site or take shower for 6-8 hours after the treatment.
- Do not touch the targeted area and avoid scratching the scabs.
- Use sunscreen when going out and avoid the sun even after the procedure.
- If you feel pain, take the prescribed pain killers.
Benefits of Laser Tattoo Removal
Laser Tattoo Removal Dubai has numerous benefits and very few side-effects. Some of the major benefits include;
- It is non-surgical and does not leave a scar.
- It is minimally invasive.
- It removes the tattoo permanently no matter how stubborn they are.
- It is a quick procedure.
- It has a short recovery period and little to no downtime.
- It does not cause pain unlike the surgical methods for tattoo removal.
- It does not have any severe side-effects.
- Laser tattoo removal is effective for darker skin tones as well.
Laser Tattoo Removal FAQs
No, laser tattoo removal Dubai does not leave any scarring. It removes the permanent tattoo without harming your skin.
The laser tattoo removal procedure causes pain but that pain is minimal and bearable. It normally feels like a rubber band snapping against your skin. A numbing cream is applied before starting the procedure to reduce the discomfort.
Yes, some temporary side-effects are associated with laser tattoo removal Dubai. The most common side-effects of laser tattoo removal include;
All of these side-effects are temporary if the procedure is performed accurately by following the proper protocols.
Laser tattoo removal is not a very time-consuming procedure. Normally, the duration of a single session is approximately 30 minutes to an hour depending upon the size and ink of the tattoo.
The number of required sessions varies from one patient to another because it depends on some factors. These factors include the size of the tattoo, type of ink used for the tattoo and your skin type or tone. People with light skin tone require a lesser number of sessions as compared to dark-skinned individuals. Similarly, black, red and blue inks used for tattoos require fewer sessions to fade away. However, other colors such as yellow and green require more sessions. On average, it can take 4-6 sessions to remove a tattoo but it can exceed to 10 sessions as well.
Yes, laser tattoo removal offers permanent results. It removes the appearance of a tattoo completely once you have taken the required sessions.
You might feel swelling, tenderness, and redness at the treated site. However, all these conditions will subside within a day or two after the treatment. Scabs are blisters are formed at the treatment site which is quite normal and take a week or more to heal completely.
The results of the laser tattoo removal procedure do not appear immediately after the treatment. You have to wait and get the desired number of sessions. A tattoo is completely removed after 4-6 sessions of the treatment.
Laser Tattoo Removal Cost in Dubai
The cost of laser tattoo removal varies from patient to patient because it depends on varying factors. These factors include;
- Color of the tattoo
- Type of the skin
- Size of the tattoo
- Type of laser being used
- Treatment area
- The expertise of the therapist
- Time required
All these factors play their part in cost estimation. However, the average cost of laser tattoo removal in Dubai starts from approximately AED 500. You can visit the tattoo removal cost page to know the details or consult with our laser specialist.
Schedule A Free Consultation
If you have any queries regarding the permanent laser tattoo removal in Dubai & Abu Dhabi, feel free to contact us. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery®, you can book a free consultation by filling the form below. Initial consultation with the specialist before undergoing the treatment is always a wise choice.