A nose is one of the most prominent facial features that varies in shape, size and position. Being in the center of the face, it grabs a lot of attention. Many people do not like the shape or size of their nose and want to alter it. For such people, rhinoplasty is the best solution.
Rhinoplasty, also known as Nose Job, is a cosmetic surgery procedure that fixes your nose to give you the desired look. It has become very popular all over the world and is being used for both aesthetic and medical purposes. However, before opting for Rhinoplasty in Dubai, you must know the details of the procedure.
Rhinoplasty has many aesthetic and health benefits. Some of them include;
- Improved shape of the nose.
- The nose becomes proportionate to the rest of the facial features.
- Improvement in facial symmetry.
Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Dubai
Dr Thomas Colson
Dr. Ken Arashiro
Dr. Federico Di Francesco MD
The final results of rhinoplasty Dubai will appear within 12 months after the surgery. During this time, gradual changes in the shape of your nose will keep on taking place until the shape is permanently established. You will start observing results 2 weeks after the surgery once the swelling and bruising subside and nose details become clear. The results are long-lasting by nature but aging in the later years can alter the nose shape. You might need follow-up visits after the surgery at regular intervals for at least one year until the nose attains its final shape.
Before & After
We do not give any guarantee, as the results vary from one person to another.
Rhinoplasty in Dubai is a surgical procedure used to correct different nose abnormalities and enhance the shape, size and function of the nose. Also known as a nose job, it can be performed for cosmetic or health reasons such as a deviated septum that interferes with breathing. You can try this procedure, if your nose is too broad, too long, or has bumps on it.
Reasons to have rhinoplasty surgery vary from person to person. However, there are two primary reasons to get a nose job i.e. aesthetic and medical.
Apart from aesthetic reasons, there are some medical reasons as well to get rhinoplasty in Dubai which include:
- Reconstruct the nose tips.
- Lift the nose up.
- Reduce or increase the size of the nose.
- Make the nose surface smooth and remove the bumps along the bridge.
- Correct the nose width for a better proportion
- Straighten a crooked nose.
- Correcting breathing problems.
- Fixing a broken or damaged nose.
- Correcting a birth defect.
All adults whose facial growth has been completed can undergo rhinoplasty. You need to have good overall health and realistic expectations from the surgery. You are an ideal candidate for rhinoplasty if;
- Your nose is too small or too large in comparison to other facial features.
- You have humps and depressions on your nose bridge.
- Your nose is wide.
- Your nose tip is droopy, protruding, bulbous, or enlarged.
- You have a crooked nose.
- Your nose is asymmetrical.
Rhinoplasty/Nose surgery is a complex surgical procedure that requires great expertise. It is performed on an outpatient basis and the duration of the procedure varies depending on the complexity of the surgery and the technique used. The procedural steps include:
First of all, general anesthesia is administered.
After that incisions are made in the appropriate area. There are two major techniques to make incisions which include;
Once the incisions are made, the skin will be raised to make the desired alterations easily.
The surgeon will make the required alterations which include the following;
- Inside the nostrils in closed rhinoplasty
- Across the columella (a narrow strip between the nostrils) in open rhinoplasty
Finally, the skin will be re-draped and the incisions will be stitched closed using either absorbable or non-absorbable stitches.
- Removing bone or cartilage to reduce the size of the nose.
- Attaching a cartilage graft to increase the size of the nose.
- Straightening a deviated septum.
- Sculpting the underlying structure to the desired shape.
Revision, secondary or corrective rhinoplasty is done to rectify the results obtained from the primary rhinoplasty surgery. If the shape and size of your nose were not fixed according to your requirements or have been made worse in the first surgery, revision rhinoplasty is performed to correct it.
The best age for rhinoplasty is when a person stops growing which is 18 years. However, it can be performed at any age as long as the person is in good health.
The surgery can take approximately an hour depending on the nature and complexity of the procedure.
If you have decided to go ahead with the rhinoplasty surgeon then you should discuss the following things beforehand:
- Discuss the step by step surgery procedure, risks involved and the outcomes you expect from the surgery.
- Discuss the different options available for nose reshaping.
- Discuss any health problems that you have and disclose your full medical history.
- You need to have a clear view of your nose before and after surgery. You can do that by taking pictures before surgery or doing a 3D simulation.
Before getting rhinoplasty Dubai, we recommend you prepare for the surgical procedure so that you can get the best outcomes with a speedy recovery. Our surgeons will guide you based on your medical history, goals, and other important aspects. However, the following are a few common guidelines.
- Avoid all kinds of blood thinners before your surgery.
- Don’t take any kind of supplements for about 1 week before the procedure.
- Sleep well.
- On the day of surgery, don’t wear any kind of jewellery.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes on the day of surgery.
- Keep realistic expectations.
- Let your doctor know if you have any kind of allergies or if you are using specific medicines.
Bulbous nose surgery is a rhinoplasty procedure that is used to enhance the tip of the nose. The procedure is performed by refining the tip of the cartilages, saturating them together, and finally adding cartilages harvested from the ear or septum to the top of your nose. A huge number of nose surgery patients request for this surgery.
Not all rhinoplasty surgeries require post-procedure touch-ups, only about 15% do. So, it is suggested to consult with your surgeon.
The average starting cost of nose surgery or rhinoplasty ranges from AED 25,000 to AED 35000. The cost varies depending upon the amount of work needed and the surgery requirements like surgeon's fee, hospital charges and anesthesia fee. For more details, you can visit the rhinoplasty cost.
Yes, we use computer imaging and it is a good way to get an idea of how the nose will look after the surgery. However, it should be understood that a computer image is just a visual representation of the guidelines and requirements provided for the surgery. It cannot be guaranteed that the result will be exactly the same as generated by the computer image.
Rhinoplasty is performed to improve the aesthetic appearance of the nose. For minor issues, the nose can be corrected with some non-surgical alternatives like:
Use of Injectable fillers – Injectable fillers are an effective non-surgical treatment for improving the humps and depressions on the nose bridge, as well as the symmetry of the nose.
If you are looking for high-quality nose surgery in Dubai, visit our clinic. We offer a free consultation to all our patients who are interested in having rhinoplasty surgery. You can fill-up the form given below to book an appointment with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery®.