One of the first regions to depict the signs of aging is the neck. Since neck skin is soft, it loses its elasticity sooner than the rest of the body and can make a person look old, tired, and worn out. One of the most popular procedures that can solve these problems is known as Neck lift.
Neck Lift is a procedure that surgically pulls back and tightens the skin on the neck to give it a youthful appearance. It is often performed in combination with a facelift although it can be performed on its own too. A neck lift surgery can eliminate band lines, excess skin, and fat to bring your neck back into shape. Visit the neck lift cost page to know the exact cost of the treatment.
Neck Lift Goals
Neck lift Dubai aims at improving the aesthetic appearance of the neck by:
- Eliminating excess skin on the neck.
- Removing or altering neck muscles.
- Improving the contours of the chin and refining the jawline.
Neck lift surgery can be performed in a variety of ways depending on the needs of the individual. Three possible neck lift procedures are:
- Liposuction – it is performed to remove excess fat in the neck area.
- Cervicoplasty – the purpose of cervicoplasty is to remove excess skin and reposition the tissue.
- Platysmaplasty – it removes the unwanted band lines by removing or tightening the neck muscles.
During your pre-op visit, the plastic surgeon will examine you and evaluate your general health before giving you some instructions regarding preparation for surgery. Some common pre-op instructions are:
- Discontinue the use of anti-inflammatory drugs, like aspirin, blood-thinning medications, and herbal supplements as they can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Follow the recommended diet regimen and avoid fatty food.
Neck Lift Procedure
The procedure of neck lift surgery is performed on an outpatient basis and the duration varies depending on the technique used. The steps for the procedure are:
- The first step is the administration of general anesthesia.
- After this, incisions will be made. The site and length of the incision will vary depending on the improvement required and the technique used. The sites for making incisions are:
- Beginning in the hairline at the level of sideburn, extending down around the ears and ending in the hairs at back.
- Beneath the chin.
- Around the ears only.
- The surgeon will make the required alterations including:
- Removal of excess skin.
- Re-positioning of tissues.
- Removal of excess fat.
- Removal or tightening of muscles.
- Finally, incisions are closed using stitches.
Dr Thomas Colson
Dr. Ken Arashiro
Dr. Federico Di Francesco MD
Neck Lift Benefits
There are many benefits associated with the neck lift Dubai. Some of them include:
- It helps you achieve the thinner, younger, and more elegant appearance of the neck.
- It is a safe procedure and very few temporary side-effects are associated with it.
- Scarring is unnoticeable as incisions are made in inconspicuous sites.
Neck Lift Recovery
For the patients who undergo neck lift surgery, recovery may differ depending on several factors. However, there are some post-surgical experiences that are common for nearly everyone.
- You may experience slightly more pain and discomfort during the first few days of recovery.
- Some degree of swelling and bruising is unavoidable and it will take several days to subside completely.
- The dressing applied will be removed after 1 or 2 days.
- Sometimes drainage tubes are also inserted and they will be removed on the first or second day of the surgery.
Our plastic surgeon will give you some instructions to follow after surgery. Most of the guidelines for post-surgical care are common for all patients. Some of them are:
- It is impossible to avoid swelling and bruising completely but using cold compresses will help you minimize swelling and discomfort.
- Avoid vigorous activities like bending and lifting heavy objects to reduce discomfort and make recovery fast.
Accurate & final outcomes can be revealed several weeks or months after the procedure. You can make these results long-lasting by adopting a healthy lifestyle & skincare. Follow your surgeon’s instructions to get the best possible outcomes for a long time period.
Local or general anesthesia can be used to perform the procedure depending on your requirements. The main purpose is to keep you calm and safe during the procedure.
Neck liposuction, Cervicoplasty and Platysmaplasty can be used to perform the procedure.
The time duration for the procedure depends on the technique being used. A neck lift procedure may take an hour to complete. Our surgeon will brief you regarding the time required in the initial consultation.
You will not get intense scars if your surgeon is experienced enough. However, minor scars may occur that will fade over time. Usually, 2 to 3 weeks are required to recover from this procedure.
The results of neck lift can last for about 10-15 years. The duration may vary from person to person. Furthermore, it depends on how well you take care of yourself after the procedure.
The cost of neck lift surgery depends on different aspects, such as expenses of anesthesia, surgeon’s fee and expected results, etc. You can know the exact cost after your examination. The average starting price of Neck lift surgery is AED 25000.
You can be the right candidate for neck lift surgery if:
- Aging or sun has damaged your neck skin.
- You have excess fat beneath your chin that gives an appearance of a double chin.
- Your neck has loose slack skin that gives an appearance of a turkey wattle neck.
- You have excess fat under the jaws and on the neck.
Neck Lift Results
The results of the neck lift will become visible immediately after the surgery. However, final results may take a few months to become apparent, after the swelling subsides completely. The outcomes will be long-lasting. No guarantee is given as the results may vary from person to person.
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic® offers neck lift surgery to all the interested patients. You can get a free initial consultation with one of our experts by filling the form given below. Our staff members will get in touch with you to schedule your appointment as soon as possible.
Written By: Asiya F. Bokhari