The aesthetic importance of eyes cannot be undermined. When you look at a person’s face, the first thing you notice about them is their eyes. You may not be blessed with a gorgeous pair of eyes or perhaps as a consequence of aging, the youthful appearance of your eyes might have faded. But worry not, because eyelid surgery offers a solution to your problems. Eyelid surgery also known as Blepharoplasty, removes extra fat around your eyes to make you look younger. It can effectively improve the appearance of your eyes by eradicating visible signs of aging on your upper and lower eyelids.
Before and After Results
The results of Blepharoplasty (lower eyelid blepharoplasty, double eyelid surgery & upper eyelid surgery) are refreshing and give a youthful appearance to your eyes. No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Are You a Good Candidate?
You may be an excellent candidate for eyelid surgery in Dubai if:
- You have excess skin and fine lines on your upper eyelids.
- You have excess fat deposits on the upper eyelids.
- You have bags under your eyes.
- You have drooping lower eyelids.
- You have excess skin and fine lines below your eyes.
- You are a healthy individual with no life-threatening ailment.
- You are not suffering from any serious eye condition.
- You have realistic expectations from the surgery.
Eyelid Surgery Goals
The goal of this surgery is to improve the appearance of your eyes by:
- Eradicating visible signs of aging like puffiness, fine lines, wrinkles and excess fat on upper eyelids.
- Removing aging signs on lower eyelids like lines, droopiness and bags.
- Giving a more rested and youthful appearance to your eyes.
- Restoring vision affected by droopy upper eyelids.
Eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty in Dubai, is a cosmetic procedure that enhances the appearance of the upper and lower eyelids. Non-surgical options that eradicate visible signs of aging around the eyes are also available. These options are:
- Botox injections – Botox is a muscle relaxer that is injected in few sites around the eyes to eradicate lines and wrinkles and restore the youthful appearance of the eyes.
- Injectable fillers – They are injected around the eyes to remove lines and are also helpful for removing eye bags.
- Fat injections – This treatment involves injecting your own body fat, taken from some other area of the body, under the eyes to remove eye bags and improve the aesthetic appearance of eyes.
Eyelid Surgery Techniques
Blepharoplasty Dubai can be performed using various techniques which include:
- Upper eyelid surgery: It is performed on upper eyelids to remove the sagging skin, excess fat and lines.
- Lower eyelid surgery: It is performed on lower eyelids to remove puffiness, fine lines and under-eye bags.
- Combined upper and lower eyelid surgery: When surgery is performed on both the eyelids simultaneously, it is called combined upper and lower blepharoplasty.
During your pre-op visit, our plastic surgeon will review your medical history, discuss the options available and guide you about the process. He will also provide a thorough list of pre-surgical instructions. Some steps that you will have to take prior to surgery are:
- Get the required lab tests done.
- Take the prescribed medications regularly and make adjustments in current medications.
- Discontinue the use of herbal supplements, aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Follow the recommended diet regimen and eat healthy food.
Eyelid Surgery Procedure
The latest procedure of Blepharoplasty in Dubai is performed on an outpatient basis and it may take up to three hours. Following is the step by step description of the surgery.
- The first step of the procedure is the administration of anesthesia. It is mostly performed under local anesthesia but general anesthesia can also be used as an option.
- Then the surgeon will make an incision at a suitable site depending on the type of surgery.
- For upper eyelid surgery, the incision is made in the natural crease of the upper eyelid.
- For lower eyelid surgery, the incision is made either just below the lash line or inside the lower eyelid.
- Then required alterations are made in the upper and lower eyelids. The alterations include:
- Removal of excess fat tissue in upper and lower eyelids.
- Removal of excess skin on upper and lower eyelids.
- Removal of excess muscles.
- Through an incision made inside the lower eyelid, only excess fat in the lower eyelid is removed.
- Finally, incisions are closed using stitches.
Our Eyelid Surgeons
Dr Thomas Colson
Dr. Ken Arashiro
Dr. Federico Di Francesco MD
Eyelid Surgery Benefits
There are many aesthetic, functional and psychological benefits of this treatment. Here are some of them.
- It makes your eyes more refreshed and rejuvenated.
- It will make you look more vibrant even without makeup.
- It restores the vision obscured by sagging eyelids.
- It boosts your self-esteem and confidence and improves the quality of your life.
Eyelid Surgery Recovery
It is comfortable and easy for most patients to recover from double eyelid surgery. Your recovery period might be like this:
- Just after the surgery, you will experience a tightening or pulling sensation.
- You will have to use pain medications for about 2 to 5 days after surgery.
- Dryness and irritation in the eyes will subside within 1 to 2 weeks after surgery.
- Swelling and bruising will begin to resolve at the end of the first week but resolution may take 2 to 3 weeks.
- You will be able to resume wearing makeup after 7 to 10 days and contact lenses within 2 to 3 weeks.
- You will be able to return to your work after 1 to 2 weeks.
- Complete recovery may require few months.
Our surgeon will provide a thorough list of post-surgical instructions but here are some common ones:
- Use cold compresses to reduce swelling and bruising.
- Keep your eyes clean.
- Keep your head elevated while resting or sleeping.
- Use eye drops to lubricate your eyes.
- Avoid makeup for the recommended period of time.
- Avoid watching television.
- Avoid the use of contact lenses for about 72 hours.
- Take prescribed medications regularly.
- Avoid physical exertion.
Blepharoplasty Dubai yields outstanding outcomes. You will get your desired eyelids and there will be a dramatic change in your facial looks. The results of upper eyelid surgery usually last for up to 10 years and even more in some cases. On the other hand, if you get a lower eyelid procedure, you may require repeated sessions to manage the results.
Blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure that is used to enhance the appearance of upper and lower eyelids by removing sagging skin, lines and excess fat.
Blepharoplasty is a long-lasting procedure that can last for up to 10 years but it is not permanent.
There is no exact age to undergo an eyelid surgery but majority of the patients are usually in their forties and fifties.
Eyelid surgery may take about an hour for both upper and lower eyelids.
Asian eyelid surgery is a procedure used to create double eyelid fold. However, a normal eyelid surgery is used to remove excess fat, puffiness and lines.
This surgery can be performed under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia. However, upper Blepharoplasty can be performed under local anesthesia alone.
For the first few days, there is swelling and bruising around the eyes, most of which is gone by the end of the first week. During this time with some make up and sun glasses you can go out in public.
Scarring is usually minimal and barely visible. The lower eyelid surgery can be performed from behind the eyelid without causing a scar on the outside.
Blepharoplasty cost depends on various factors which include the expertise of your surgeon, location of the clinic, guaranteed results, your expected results, and other related aspects. It is necessary to consult with an experienced surgeon to know the exact cost. The average starting price of blepharoplasty is AED 8000.
If you need to undergo the latest eyelid surgery in Dubai, choose a well-reputed clinic and experienced surgeon. Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic® is a well-recognized clinic known for its specialized staff members and exceptional services. To get a FREE consultation with one of our experts, just fill in the form given below.
Written By: Asiya F. Bokhari