Arm lift (عملية شد الذراعين) medically known as Brachioplasty – is a surgical procedure that enhances the appearance of upper arms by removing sagging skin and improving their contours. An Arm lift in Dubai & Abu Dhabi can make your arms go from ‘flab’ to ‘fab’ if performed successfully. A sculpted upper arm will nicely complement your silhouette and your outfit as well. Today’s technology has made this procedure a safe and effective cosmetic procedure with minimal risk of scarring. The average cost of Arm Lift surgery is approximately AED 25,000 or $6,812.
Visit the Cost page to know the exact cost of the treatment.
Who is a good candidate?
You are a good candidate for arm lift surgery in Dubai if:
- You have excess skin hanging from your arms.
- You have excess fat deposits on your arms.
- Your weight is normal and stable.
- You are committed to a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- You have realistic expectations regarding the outcome of the surgery.
What are the goals of Arm Lift surgery?
Arm lift aims at making your upper arms more attractive, tighter and thinner by:
- Reducing excess skin.
- Improving muscle definition.
- Removing localized fat deposits.
- Tightening the underlying supportive tissues.
What are the Arm Lift Surgery Techniques?
The purpose of this surgery is to improve the silhouette of the upper arms and it is done through different techniques which include:
- Liposuction – suitable for individuals that have extra fat deposits on their arms.
This procedure is more appropriate for those who have excessive fat deposits on the upper arms with hanging skin, and is divided into two types:
- Minimal incision arm lift – suitable for the individuals who have a small amount of excess skin near the armpits.
- Full arm lift – suitable for individuals who have excess sagging skin on the whole arm.
Some common tips for arm lift preparation include:
- Quit smoking as it can have adverse effects on wound healing.
- Stop taking any blood thinners like aspirin, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications.
- Stop taking certain vitamins and supplements (the plastic surgeon will advise which ones).
- Eat a high protein diet to enhance the healing process.
- Follow a special diet regimen recommended by the plastic surgeon.
How the Arm Lift Procedure is Performed?
- The surgery may be performed with local anesthesia or with general anesthesia.
- The surgeon then makes small incisions on the inside or back of your arm. The pattern of the incision will vary according to the needs of the surgery and the surgeon's own preference for treatment. For mini arm lift, the incision is made in the underarm extending to the right just above the elbow while in full arm lift surgery, an incision made runs from the elbow to the armpit and onto the side of the chest.
- After the incision, the extra fat is removed with liposuction and extra skin is trimmed and tightened.
- Finally, incisions are stitched – mostly with absorb-able stitches.
Arm Lift Surgeons
Dr Masroor Alam
Dr Thomas Colson
Dr Faisal Salim
Dr. Ken Arashiro
What are the Benefits of Arm Lift?
- The procedure improves your overall appearance by making your arms tight and toned.
- It gives you a better silhouette.
- It boosts your self-esteem.
- Increases clothing options for you.
- The scars are well-hidden.
- The results are long-lasting.
Arm Lift Recovery
- The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis and our plastic surgeons will allow you to go home on the same day.
- The recovery period for arm lift is relatively short.
- You will wear a compression garment for a few days.
- Pain medications will help relieve the initial pain and discomfort, and swelling and bruising will subside within 2 to 3 weeks.
- Mostly dissolvable stitches are used, but if non-dissolvable ones are used, they will be removed in 3 to 5 days.
Our plastic surgeons will give you instructions on how to take care of yourself after surgery depending on your individualized case. Some common postoperative care tips include:
- Take prescribed medications to relieve pain and discomfort.
- Limit your physical activities for the first week of recovery and avoiding vigorous exercise for a recommended period of time.
- Elevate your arm on pillows - this will help in reducing the pain and swelling.
- Take care of the incision sites.
- Wear the compression garment for the recommended period of time.
- Avoid getting the area wet for the recommended period of time.
What are the Complications in Arm Lift?
The following are a few complications linked to Arm lift in Dubai. Have a look at them!
- Risks associated with anesthesia
- Poor or slow healing
- Slight pain
- Changes in skin sensation
- Possibility requirement for revisional surgery
- Fat necrosis
- Seroma (fluid accumulation)
- The issue in sutures absorption
- Damage to muscles, nerves, blood vessels
Suggestion – You should discuss these risks with your doctor before going for the procedure. Don’t hesitate and ask all the questions that you have in your mind.
Arm Lift Results
The results will be apparent right after the procedure. However, swelling may hinder actual outcomes, so you have to wait for proper recovery to view tighter & smoother contours. The scar on the area where the incision was made will remain. There is no guarantee as results may differ for different people because of various factors, but you can have good expectations. Also, the results will be long-lasting if you follow a proper diet and exercise routine. To get successful surgery, you have to follow the guidelines provided by your surgeon.
Arm Lift Before & After
Our minimally invasive arm lift surgery results in more attractive and contoured arms. The outcome will be permanent if you maintain a healthy lifestyle. There is no guarantee on the outcomes or permanent results, as the results vary from person to person.
What Questions You Should Ask Your Surgeon Before An Arm Lift Surgery?
It is quite normal to go to the plastic surgeon with some questions about this latest arm lift surgery to determine the feasibility of the procedure and the complications you may be exposed to. You should ask him:
- If you are a good candidate for this Surgery?
- What techniques are used for this surgery?
- What other options are there other than an Arm Lift Surgery?
- What is the duration of the surgery?
- What are the risks and complications of this surgery?
- What is the recovery time after the surgery?
- What are the anesthesia options?
The amount of skin and fat to be removed is assessed by the surgeon and marked on the inside of the upper arms.
Anesthesia is administered and incisions are made. After that excess fat is removed through liposuction.
The idea is to place the resultant scar in the most invisible position. In this way, even without sleeves the scar is not visible from front or back in a social encounter.
However, the scar will be visible in the raised arms position.
The recovery period of arm lift surgery is short. After the surgery, the initial pain and swelling will subside in two to three weeks. You will be given pain medications to deal with pain. Also, you will have to wear a compression garment for a few days. Strenuous exercises must also be avoided for almost 10 days to two weeks.
The general complications include infection and bleeding but they are not so common.
Swelling and bruising are a part of the surgery and will subside in due course of time.
Thick, wide or pigmented scars are potential complications which are undesirable in arm lift surgery.
If you are looking to get the best Brachioplasty or arm liposuction surgery in Dubai then book a consultation at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery by filling out the consultation form below.
You can also contact us to get more information on:
- Treatment options available
- Procedure details
- Arm Lift Treatment costs
So, book a free consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeons to visualize the results with virtual reality imaging.