Arm lift (عملية شد الذراعين) medically known as Brachioplasty – is a surgical procedure that enhances the appearance of upper arms by removing sagging skin and improving their contours. An Arm lift in Dubai can make your arms go from ‘flab’ to ‘fab’ if performed successfully. A sculpted upper arm will nicely complement your silhouette and your outfit as well. Today’s technology has made arm lift a safe and effective cosmetic procedure with minimal risk of scarring.
Who is a good candidate?
You are a good candidate for arm lift surgery in Dubai if:
- You have excess skin hanging from your arms.
- You have excess fat deposits on your arms.
- Your weight is normal and stable.
- You are committed to a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- You have realistic expectations regarding the outcomes of the surgery.
What are the goals of Arm Lift surgery?
Arm lift aims at making your upper arms more attractive, tighter, and thinner by:
- Reducing excess skin.
- Improving muscle definition.
- Removing localized fat deposits.
- Tightening the underlying supportive tissues.
What are the Arm Lift Surgery Techniques?
The purpose of arm lift Dubai is to improve the silhouette of the upper arms and it is done through different techniques which include:
- Liposuction – suitable for individuals who have excessive fat deposits on the upper arms with hanging skin. It is divided into two types:
- Minimal incision arm lift – suitable for individuals who have a small amount of excess skin near the armpits.
- Full arm lift – suitable for individuals who have excess sagging skin on the whole arm.
Some common tips for arm lift preparation include:
- Stop taking any blood thinners like aspirin, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications.
- Avoid taking certain vitamins and supplements (the plastic surgeon will advise which ones).
- Eat a high protein diet to enhance the healing process.
- Follow a special diet regimen recommended by the plastic surgeon.
How is the Arm Lift Procedure Performed?
- Arm lift in Dubai may be performed with local or general anesthesia.
- The surgeon then makes small incisions on the inside or back of your arm. The pattern of the incision will vary according to the needs of the surgery and the surgeon's own preference for treatment. For a mini arm lift, the incision is made in the underarm that extends to the right just above the elbow. Whereas, in full arm lift surgery, an incision runs from the elbow to the armpit and onto the side of the chest.
- After making the incision, the extra fat is removed with liposuction and extra skin is trimmed and tightened.
- Finally, the incisions are stitched – mostly with absorb-able stitches.
Arm Lift Surgeons
Specialist Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon
Dr Thomas Colson
Dr. Ken Arashiro
Dr. Federico Di Francesco MD
- The procedure improves your overall appearance by making your arms tight and toned.
- It gives you a better silhouette.
- It boosts your self-esteem.
- Increases clothing options for you.
- The scars are well-hidden.
- The results are long-lasting.
- The recovery period for an arm lift Dubai is relatively short.
- You will wear a compression garment for a few days.
- Pain medications will help relieve the initial pain and discomfort. Swelling and bruising will subside within 2 to 3 weeks.
- Mostly dissolvable stitches are used, but if non-dissolvable ones are used, they will be removed in 3 to 5 days.
Our plastic surgeons will give you instructions on how to take care of yourself after surgery depending on your individual case. Some common postoperative care tips include:
- Take prescribed medications to relieve pain and discomfort.
- Limit your physical activities during the first week of recovery and avoid vigorous exercise for a recommended period of time.
- Elevate your arm on pillows - this will help in reducing the pain and swelling.
- Take care of the incision sites.
- Wear the compression garment for the recommended period of time.
- Avoid getting the treatment area wet for the recommended period of time.
The results will be apparent right after the procedure. However, swelling may hinder actual outcomes, so you have to wait for proper recovery to view tighter & smoother contours. The scar on the area where the incision was made will remain. There is no guarantee as results may differ for different people because of various factors, but you can have good expectations. Also, the results will be long-lasting if you follow a proper diet and exercise routine. To get a successful surgery, you have to follow the guidelines provided by your surgeon.
Before & After
Our minimally invasive arm lift surgery results in more attractive and contoured arms. The outcomes will be permanent if you maintain a healthy lifestyle. There is no guarantee of the outcomes, as they vary from person to person.
Important Question to Ask Before Arm Lift
It is quite normal to ask some questions about the latest arm lift surgery to determine the feasibility of the procedure and the complications you may be exposed to. You should ask your plastic surgeon:
- If you are a good candidate for this surgery?
- What techniques are used for arm lift surgery?
- What other options are there other than an arm lift surgery?
- What is the duration of the surgery?
- What are the risks and complications of this surgery?
- What is the recovery time after the surgery?
- What are the anesthesia options?
How much does Arm lift surgery cost?
The average starting cost of Arm Lift surgery is approximately AED 25,000. However, the price can vary from one person to another depending on the individual case. Therefore, you should consult with an expert to know the exact cost. You can also visit the arm lift cost page to know the exact price of the treatment.
If you are looking to get the best Brachioplasty or arm lift surgery Dubai, book an appointment at our clinic. Here at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, you get a free initial consultation in which you can discuss;
- Available treatment options
- Procedure details
- Arm Lift treatment cost
So, book your consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeons by filling the form given below.