With aging, lines and wrinkles appear on your face, and creases become more prominent because the skin starts losing collagen which is essential to keep the skin fresh and youthful. However, it is not impossible to get rid of these fine lines, depressions, and wrinkles. Dermal fillers in Dubai also known as Injectable fillers have now been introduced to treat all kinds of aging signs. They are very effective in eradicating facial lines and wrinkles and restoring the contours, resulting in a more youthful and rejuvenated facial appearance. Fillers are becoming increasingly popular among men and women who want to reverse the signs of aging and look younger.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers Dubai are natural or synthetic injectable materials that are injected directly into the skin to remove all aging signs like wrinkles and depressions. They are used to plump up the skin and treat cheek structure, nasolabial folds, tear troughs, jaw-line, receding chin and smoker’s lines, etc. Injectable fillers fill in the deep folds that appear on your skin as you age and create fuller lips. Previously, collagen was used as the main ingredient for fillers but now it has been replaced by Restylane which has hyaluronic acid as the primary ingredient.
Types of Dermal Fillers
There are several types of injectable fillers Dubai. The difference lies in their chemical make-up, softness, and longevity. Your dermatologist will determine the best suitable type for you. The different types include:
- Temporary dermal fillers: This type gets absorbed in a few months and delivers short term results. If you are not satisfied with the results, you only have to wait for a few months for the effects to disappear. You will need to have repeated treatments to maintain the results.
- Semi-permanent or permanent dermal fillers: They last longer because they are either not completely absorbed by the body (permanent) or very little amount is absorbed (semi-permanent).
- Collagen-based fillers: Collagen-based injections are the most frequently used type. It is further divided into two types – human-derived collagen and bovine-derived collagen fillers. Collagen is a naturally occurring protein found in the body that supports skin, bones, joints, and ligaments. Bovine-derived collagen is extracted from tissues of cows whereas human-derived collagen is harvested from human skin removed during surgeries. They are bio-compatible and therefore do not require pre-treatment allergic tests.
- Hyaluronic acid-based fillers: Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the body that acts as a moisturizer and supports and lubricates the skin by binding water. Hyaluronic acid-based injections mimic the effects of natural hyaluronic acid and replenish your body’s natural hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid-based fillers that are normally used to treat lips, nose, cheeks, under-eyes, and chin include Restylane, Juvederm, Teosyal, and Perlane.
- Fat injections: Fat injections are also considered a type of injectable filler. Most of the patients prefer off-the-shelf fat injections but they require a comparatively more extensive procedure. This procedure involves extracting fat from body areas that have denser fat like abdomen, buttocks, and thighs through liposuction. The extracted fat is then processed and purified fat is injected in the treatment areas. Fat injection is a minor surgical procedure.
Are you a Candidate?
Injectable fillers in Dubai are beneficial for both men and women. You may be an ideal candidate for this treatment if:
- You have lines around your nose, mouth, and eyes.
- You have fine lines on your lips.
- Your lips and cheeks have lost volume.
- Your nose has minor deformities like nasal humps (nose surgery might be an option for you).
- You have a receding chin.
- You are physically and mentally healthy.
- You are not a smoker.
- You have realistic expectations from the outcomes of the treatment.
How to prepare for the treatment?
Here are a few guidelines that will help you to prepare before you undergo dermal fillers in Dubai. Have a look!
- Don’t consume alcohol for at least 10 days before the procedure.
- Don’t smoke for about 10-12 days prior to the procedure. It will boost the healing process.
- Avoid using blood thinners.
- Discuss your medical history with your doctor.
- Get all the prescribed tests done.
- Discuss your concerns with your practitioner.
The procedure of injectable fillers is simple and short. It includes the following steps:
- The first step of the procedure is the facial evaluation. The skin expert will examine your face and will mark the injection sites.
- Then the treatment areas will be cleaned using an antibacterial agent.
- After that, the treatment area will be numbed using a numbing cream or local anesthesia. The discomfort caused by injectable fillers is mostly bearable and patients do not require the application of numbing cream.
- Small amounts of filler are injected at the marked sites.
- After injecting filler, the treatment area is slightly massaged and markings are cleaned off.
Dermal fillers result in a more youthful facial appearance. The outcomes are very effective but are mostly temporary and usually last for 6 to 12 months only. However, in some cases, they may last longer, even for two years.
Dr Thomas Colson
The treatment may take 15 minutes or an hour depending on the number of treatment areas. For minor facial improvements, a few minutes are required to perform the procedure. However, for major changes, an hour or two is required.
Overall, having injectable fillers is not a painful procedure. You might feel a bit of discomfort when fillers are being injected. But, this discomfort can be managed with the help of topical anesthesia which is administered at the injections site. The discomfort level varies from individual to individual because every person has a different pain threshold.
Yes, injectable fillers are safe and offer an effective solution for aging signs.
No, the results of injectable fillers are not permanent. The effects of fillers last from 6-12 months.
Even though injectable fillers are safe, there are some side-effects associated with them. Some minor side-effects of injectable fillers include asymmetry and irregularity. However, major complications like infection, bleeding, bruising and scarring are not so common.
On average, the cost of injectable fillers ranges from AED 1800 to AED 4000. The cost depends on various factors like the number of targeted areas, type and amount of filler, location of the clinic and the expertise of the dermatologist. Therefore, it varies from patient to patient. To know the exact cost that matches your condition, you should consult with our experts.
Some fillers can last for up to 2 years. Some of the longest-lasting fillers include Restylane Defyne, Restylane Refyne, Restylane Lyft, Juvederm Voluma, Radiesse and Sculptra.
Before & After
No Guarantees are given, as the results may vary from person to person.
Injectable fillers Dubai do not require downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. You may experience the following conditions during your recovery.
- The over-filled appearance of the treated area.
- Slight pain.
- Mild swelling and bruising.
- Numbness and redness on the treated area.
All the above-given conditions are temporary and subside quickly with the use of ice packs. You must also avoid excessive sun exposure for a few weeks after the treatment.
Visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® today if you want to know more about injectable fillers in Dubai. We have highly qualified and experienced doctors who make sure that you are satisfied with the results. We offer a free initial consultation to our patients who are interested in having fillers to rejuvenate their facial skin. To book an appointment, kindly fill in the form given below and we will schedule your consultation session right away.