With aging, lines and wrinkles appear on our face, and creases become more prominent because our skin starts losing collagen which is essential to keep the skin fresh and youthful. However, it is not impossible to get rid of these fine lines, depressions, and wrinkles. Dermal fillers also are known as Injectable fillers have now been introduced to treat all kinds of aging signs. They are very effective in eradicating facial lines and wrinkles and restore the contours, resulting in a more youthful and rejuvenated facial appearance.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are basically natural or synthetic injectable materials that are injected directly into the skin to remove all aging signs like wrinkles and depressions by plumping up the skin. They can be used to treat cheek structure, nasolabial folds, tear troughs, jaw-line, receding chin and smokers lines, etc.
Before & After Results
Dermal filler injections result in a more youthful facial appearance. The outcomes are very effective but are mostly temporary and usually last for 6 to 12 months. However, in some cases, they may last longer, even for two years. No Guarantees are given, as the results may vary from person to person.
Are you a Candidate?
Injectable fillers in Dubai are beneficial for both men and women. You may be an ideal candidate for this treatment if:
- You have lines around your nose, mouth, and eyes.
- You have fine lines on your lips.
- Your lips and cheeks have lost volume.
- Your nose has minor deformities like nasal humps (nose surgery might be an option for you).
- You have a receding chin.
- You are physically and mentally healthy.
- You are not a smoker.
- You have realistic expectations from the outcomes of the treatment.
Dermal fillers/Soft tissue fillers do not require downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. You may experience the following symptoms during your recovery.
- The over-filled appearance of the treated area.
- Slight pain.
- Mild swelling and bruising.
- Numbness and redness on the treated area.
All the above-given side-effects are temporary and subside quickly with the use of ice packs. You must also avoid excessive sun exposure for a few weeks after the treatment.
Types of Dermal Fillers
There are several types of dermal injectable fillers. The difference lies in their chemical make-up, softness, and longevity. Your surgeon will determine the best suitable type for you. The different types include:
- Temporary dermal fillers: This type gets absorbed in a few months and delivers short term results. If you are not satisfied with the results, you only have to wait for a few months for the effects to go. You will need to have repeated treatments to maintain the results.
- Semi-permanent or permanent dermal fillers: They last longer because they are either not completely absorbed by the body (permanent) or very little amount is absorbed (semi-permanent).
- Collagen-based fillers: Collagen-based injections are the most frequently used type. It is further divided into two types – human-derived collagen and bovine-derived collagen fillers. Collagen is a naturally occurring protein found in the body that supports skin, bones, joints, and ligaments. Bovine-derived collagen is extracted from tissues of cows whereas human-derived collagen is harvested from human skin removed during surgeries. They are bio-compatible and therefore do not require pre-treatment allergic tests.
- Hyaluronic acid-based fillers: Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the body that plays the role of moisturizer and supports and lubricates the skin by binding water. Hyaluronic acid-based injections mimic the effects of natural hyaluronic acid and replenish your body’s natural hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid-base fillers that are normally used to treat lips, nose, cheeks, under-eyes, and chin, etc. include Restylane, Juvederm, teosyal, and perlane.
- Fat injections: Fat injections are also considered a type of injectable filler. Most of the patients prefer off-the-shelf fat injections but they require a comparatively more extensive procedure. This procedure involves extracting fat from areas of your body having denser fat like abdomen, buttocks, and thighs through liposuction. The extracted fat is then processed and purified fat is injected in the treatment areas. Fat injection is a minor surgical procedure.
Here are a few guidelines that will help you to prepare before you undergo dermal fillers in Dubai. Have a look!
- Don’t consume alcohol for at least 10 days before the procedure.
- Don’t smoke for about 10-12 days prior to the procedure. It will boost the healing process.
- Avoid using blood thinners.
- Discuss your medical history with your doctor.
- Complete the tests that are prescribed by your practitioner.
- Discuss your concerns with your practitioner.
The procedure of dermal injectable fillers is simple and short. The treatment may take 15 minutes or an hour depending on the number of treatment areas. It includes the following steps:
- The first step of the procedure is the facial evaluation. The surgeon will examine your face and will mark the injection sites.
- Then the treatment areas will be cleaned using an antibacterial agent.
- Then the treatment area will be numbed using a numbing cream or local anesthesia. The discomfort caused by injectable fillers is mostly bearable and patients do not require the application of numbing cream.
- Small amounts of filler are injected in the marked sites.
- After injecting filler, the treatment area is slightly massaged and any markings are cleaned off.
Dr Thomas Colson
Minor enhancements of the face can take a few minutes. On the other hand, major changes may take an hour or two depending upon the number of treatment areas.
It again depends upon the nature and extent of the procedure. Minor facial enhancements practically do not require any recovery time and are essentially a walk-in procedure. Enhancements performed in the hospital may require, two to four days for recovery.
As mentioned earlier, most of the short term fillers last for four to six months only and then they need to be repeated. However, fat injections can last longer though the exact length of time period cannot be predetermined.
Dermal injectable fillers not very painful. However, some bruising, swelling and discomfort is to be expected.
Minor complications include asymmetry and irregularity. Major complications like infection, bleeding or scarring or not so common.
The cost of injectable fillers varies from patient to patient, depending on the number of treated areas, location of the clinic, type and amount of filler being used. On average, the cost ranges from AED 1800 to AED 4000. To know the exact cost that matches your condition, you should consult with our experts.
News And Media
Visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® today if you want to know more about injectable fillers in Dubai. We have highly qualified and experienced doctors who make sure that you are satisfied with the results. We offer a free initial consultation to our patients who are interested in having fillers to rejuvenate their facial skin. To book an appointment, kindly fill in the form given below and we will schedule your consultation session right away.