What is Breast Reduction or Reduction Mammoplasty?
Breast reduction Dubai ( عملية تصغير الثدي ), which is commonly known as Reduction mammoplasty is a surgical procedure used to reduce the size of breasts by removing excess fats, skin, and tissues from them. It also reshapes and adjusts the breasts to give you a better appearance. All those women who have large breasts and are experiencing discomfort because of them can opt for breast reduction in Dubai and Abu Dhabi to get small and proportionate breasts.
*Facts You Must Know
|Cost of Treatment
||Very High Success Rate
Who is an ideal candidate for breast reduction?
Any woman can be an ideal candidate for breast reduction in Dubai if;
- She has very large and disproportionate breasts.
- She is suffering from chronic neck and back pain.
- She has overall good health.
- She is not pregnant or a breastfeeding mother.
- She does not smoke and is not suffering from any serious disease.
- She has realistic expectations from the results of the surgery.
How much does Breast Reduction cost in Dubai?
The breast reduction surgery cost in Dubai can vary significantly from one person to another because it depends on various factors. You can get an exact quote for yourself by consulting with our expert breast surgeon. On average breast reduction costs approximately AED 35,000 or $9,537. You can learn more about the price by visiting the breast reduction cost page.
Breast Reduction Procedure
Before starting the breast reduction surgery, the surgeon will mark the incision sites and will take the necessary measurements. After that general anesthesia is administered so that you don’t feel any pain or discomfort. The surgeon will then measure the height of your nipples and the volume of the breast to be removed.
The next step is to make the incisions. Once the incisions have been made, the excess breast tissue is removed from the inner and outer areas of breasts. After the removal of excess breast tissues, the skin edges will be approximated and the nipples will be elevated. At the end of the surgery, a firm dressing will be placed on the chest and drainage tubes might be used to get rid of accumulated blood. The complete procedure takes almost 2-3 hours and is performed on an outpatient basis.
Breast reduction in Dubai has numerous benefits for women with large breasts size. Some of them are mentioned below;
- It gives you the desired shape and size of breasts making them perkier and proportionate.
- It prevents your breasts from sagging in the future.
- It helps you get rid of all the chronic back and neck aches caused by heavy breasts.
- It greatly enhances the curves and contours of your body.
- It enables you to wear all types of clothes and perform your daily life activities without any inconvenience.
- It also boosts your self-confidence.
Risks & Complications
Breast reduction surgery also has some risks associated with it that can be due to anesthesia or the surgery itself. Some common risks are;
- Allergic reactions
- Chest infection
- Formation of Blood clots
- Scar formation on the breast
- Nipple sensitivity
- Fluid accumulation
- Irregularities in contour and shape of the breasts
- Inability to breastfeed
- Death of fatty tissues
- Skin staining
Recovery Time & Downtime
Even though the procedure takes only 2-3 hours, but you might have to stay at the hospital for a night. During the first week after the surgery, you will experience pain in your breasts but it will subside gradually. You might also experience swelling during the recovery phase which can stay for several weeks. You must take 1-2 weeks off from work to rest and recover properly. Moreover, you should avoid strenuous activities for almost two weeks.
The results of breast reduction surgery in Dubai are long-lasting and effective. You will be satisfied with your new breast contours, shape, and size. To maintain the results for a longer time, you need to avoid putting on weight and you should exercise regularly. Your improved breast size will positively impact your self-image.
Dr. Ken Arashiro
Breast reduction is major surgery and is performed under general anaesthesia. All surgeries carry some risk and uncertainty. So, like any other major surgery, there are risks associated with this procedure as well such as Scarring, Bleeding, and Anesthesia complications.
The results of breast reduction are significantly lasting and effective. They can last for years if you do not put on weight and exercise regularly. Also, pregnancy can affect your new breast contours.
You should not get breast reduction surgery while you are pregnant because you might be unable to breastfeed your baby after the surgery. Breast reduction can limit your breastfeeding ability. Therefore, undergo the surgery when you are not planning a baby.
Breast reduction surgery can be done at any age but make sure to get it when your breasts have developed fully.
There are three major techniques of Breast reduction which include circular pattern technique, anchor pattern technique and vertical or lollipop pattern technique. The most commonly used technique is the anchor pattern technique in which incisions are made horizontally under the crease of breasts and it extends vertically up.
Your surgeon will give you some pre-operation instructions before undergoing the surgery. You need to follow them to prepare for the surgery. These instructions include;
- Avoid smoking for at least 2 weeks before surgery because it delays the healing of wounds.
- Do not take any blood-thinning medications like aspirin.
- Stop alcohol consumption.
- Follow the diet plan recommended by your surgeon.
- Take prescribed medicines.
To get the desired results, you need to care for your breasts after the surgery. Some common post-op instructions are;
- Do not forget to wear a surgical bra after the surgery.
- Avoid putting pressure on your chest.
- Do not sleep on your stomach.
- Do not lift heavy objects.
- Use ice packs to get rid of swelling or bruising.
- Take prescribed medicines on time.
- Avoid vigorous activities.
Schedule a Free Consultation
If you have any questions related to Breast Reduction in Dubai, fill out the form below, and book a free consultation. Our Surgeons at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic will answer all your queries and will guide you about the procedure in detail. So, book your appointment now.