Mastopexy or Breast Lift Dubai is a famous procedure use to alter the shape of sagging breasts and making them more firm. For years, women have had to struggle with the appearance of their breasts due to several factors. Living with sagging, inelastic and aging breasts at a premature age can be a blow to any woman’s self-esteem. In such circumstances, women can restore their breasts appearance through Breast Lift Surgery.
Candidate for Breast Lift in Dubai
You are a good candidate for breast lift surgery in Dubai if:
- You have sagging breasts, your breasts have lost shape and volume, or have become flatter.
- Your nipples fall below your breast creases when the breasts are unsupported.
- Your nipples and areolas point downwards.
- Your areolas are stretched out of proportion to the breasts.
- One of your breasts sags lower than the other.
- You are generally healthy and you are not suffering from any serious health condition.
- You are over 18.
- You are not planning to become pregnant.
- Your weight is stable.
- You do not smoke.
- You have realistic expectations with the breast lift.
The breast lift surgery/Mastopexy aims at improving the contours of your breasts by:
- Removing excess skin and repositioning underlying tissues.
- Lifting your breasts, making them perky and bringing them in shape.
- Making the breasts size proportionate to chest, height and waist size.
- Improving the symmetry of breasts.
- Repositioning nipples and areolas to a more desirable and youthful location.
What are the types of Breast Lift?
If your breasts are slightly saggy as well as small then breast augmentation surgery can help you restore the youthful appearance of your breasts. However, a breast lift in Dubai is the only most effective option for women with significantly saggy breasts. It can be performed using various techniques that are explained below:
- Crescent lift – is the least invasive technique and involves removing a crescent of skin at the top of the nipple.
- Benelli or circumareolar lift – involves making a doughnut-shaped incision around the areola to remove skin and tissue.
- Lollipop lift or vertical scar lift – involves making the incision around the areolas extending vertically down to the breast crease.
- Anchor lift – the incision is made around the areola that travels down around the breast crease.
Some common tips for preparation of breast lift procedure include:
- Stop smoking for the recommended period of time.
- Avoid aspirin, certain anti-inflammatory drugs and adjust your current medications according to the recommendations of the surgeon.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
- Stop taking certain vitamins and supplements.
- Eat a well-balanced and healthy diet.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids.
- The surgeon may also recommend you to have the mammogram.
What is Breast Lift Procedure in Dubai?
Breast lift treatment takes about two hours and is performed on an outpatient basis. It involves the following steps.
- The first step of breast lift is the administration of medications to ensure your comfort during surgery. Our plastic surgeons perform the surgery under general anesthesia.
- Then the surgeon makes incisions according to the technique he uses.
- Then required alterations are made. These alterations include:
- Reshaping and lifting of underlying breast tissues.
- Repositioning nipples and areolas to a more youthful location.
- Reducing the size of enlarged areolas.
- Excess skin is removed.
- Finally, incisions are closed using sutures.
Breast Lift Benefits
Breast lift in Dubai makes the breasts firmer and lifted providing the patient with many aesthetic, physical and psychological benefits. Some major benefits include:
- It makes your breasts more attractive and youthful by enhancing their fullness and pertness.
- It improves the projection and symmetry of your breasts.
- It improves your whole aesthetic appearance.
- It gives longer-lasting results.
- It does not decrease the size of your breasts.
- It widens clothing options for you.
- It boosts your confidence and self-esteem.
Breast Lift Recovery & Follow-up
Breast lift recovery may vary from patient to patient as the extent and complexity of the procedure is different. Our plastic surgeons will guide you about what you can expect from recovery.
- You will leave the hospital with gauze and tape on the incisions and will feel groggy due to the effect of anesthesia.
- You will feel tired and sore in the initial few days of recovery but taking prescribed medications will help you cope with these symptoms.
- Swelling and bruising will take about two weeks to subside completely.
- Numbness in the nipples, areolas and breast skin will last for about six weeks.
- The stitches are removed one to two weeks after surgery.
- Scars will look red and lumpy and will eventually soften and fade.
- You will be able to return to your work within a week or two after surgery but complete recovery will take some time.
Our plastic surgeons will provide you with a list of thorough aftercare instructions but most of the tips are common and applicable to every patient. Some of them include:
- In the first few days after the breast lift, you will take pain medication as recommended by your doctor.
- Avoid straining, bending or lifting.
- Sleep on your back or your side to keep weight and pressure off your breasts.
- Avoid sexual activity for at least a week to two weeks after the lift.
- Avoid washing your hair, showering and bathing.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects, strenuous tasks, and exercise for the recommended time period.
- Wear a surgical bra and take prescribed medications regularly.
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery prides itself on having the best breast surgeons in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Our Breast Surgeons are American Board Certified with years of experience and tons of successful breast surgeries and happy patients.
Dr Thomas Colson
Dr Faisal Salim
Dr. Ken Arashiro
Breast Lift in Dubai Cost
The cost of breast lift surgery in Dubai & Abu Dhabi depends on the kind of treatment you opt for and the techniques used. It is not possible to mention the cost of this surgery because the cost varies from person to person. Different clinics charge a different price for this. If you are looking for the exact cost figure, please consult with your doctor. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery, we charge 30,000 – 35,000 AED for a breast lift.
Those patients who have lost some volume of the breast or acquired redundant skin, either due to pregnancy, weight loss or the effects of aging some patients may have large nipple-areola complex (Brown area around the nipple) and may require breast lift for that reason
a more youthful appearance of the breast and an elevated position of the nipple. Breast left surgery, also increase firmness of the breast.
The procedure is usually performed under general anesthesia, however, it can be done under local anesthesia with sedation. There are a variety of techniques to perform this procedure, and the resultant scars vary according to the technique used. Most of the techniques require and incisions around the nipple and a vertical scar under the nipple, while others have an additional and horizontal scar under the breast.
The procedure can take anywhere from two to three hours.
In general, the results may last from five to 10 years, but individual variations exist and in some patients, the results may last longer than the others.
Some pain and discomfort is expected and can be controlled with appropriate pain medication.
Like with any surgery, there is possibility of complications, which in this case includes infection, bleeding, scarring, numbness of the nipple, hematoma and seroma. Unusual complications of nipple are skin loss are not common. However there is some risk of these complications in those patients who smoke.
Breast Lift Results
Breast lift surgery in Dubai results in more beautiful and youthful breasts. It enhances the self-image and confidence of a woman. The outcome of the procedure is long-lasting.
If you have decided to undergo a breast lift, then Dubai Cosmetic Surgery is your way to go. It offers Mastopexy surgery at competitive rates. You can get a free personalized consultation with one of our experts by filling the online form provided.